Tampa Bay has been a hot spot over the past few years for businesses either expanding or moving to the area. Here's a list of the latest Tampa Bay businesses on the move.
- Johnson & Johnson selected Tampa as its headquarters to house key corporate services, including finance, human resources and information technology. Currently, Johnson & Johnson employs about 250 workers at the new Global Services Center in the Hidden River Corporate Park in Tampa. The company plans to bring on an addition 250+ employees by 2020. The new jobs are expected to pay an average wage of at least $75,000. Dominic Caruso, chief financial officer at Johnson & Johnson, cited Tampa Bay's diversity of talent, including multilingual speakers who are an important addition to the company's global reach.
- CenterState Banks Inc, based in Winter Haven, has signed an agreement to purchase Platinum Bank Holding Co., which is headquartered in Brandon. CenterState is already the second-largest bank headquartered in Tampa Bay. The deal will give CenterState additional banking offices on South MacDill, close to MacDill Air Force Base, as well as in Brandon, Plant City and Dunedin.
- Sprouts Farmers Market has confirmed two Tampa Bay locations. The specialty grocer will open in Carrollwood at 15110 N. Dale Mabry Hwy next to Target, GNC & Party City. They also plan to open a location in Palm Harbor at US 19 and Nebraska Ave in Palm Harbor Commons. Sprouts Farmers Market is known for its affordable assortment of natural and organic foods.
- IQor U.S. is moving its international headquarters to downtown St. Petersburg. Hartmut Liebel, CEO of iQor, said in a statement, "We are thrilled to be moving IQor's corporate headquarters to St. Petersburg and to bring jobs and opportunity to a growing and thriving downtown." iQor is a global provider of customer care and interations, third-party collections and accounts receivable management.
- Cost Plus World Market Inc has chosen a site in Clearwater as its first Tampa Bay location. The new store will be located at the Sunset Point 19 Shopping Center, at US 19 and Sunset Point Rd, formerly occupied by Publix. Cost Plus World Market has been looking for sites in Tampa Bay since April 2015. The store sells food, wine and casual home decor from around the world at cost plus 10 percent.
- Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel began construction last August on a $78 million expansion. This will nearly double the size of the patient rooms, operating rooms and emergency rooms and add an additional catheterization lab. The Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel expansion will add three additional floors to the hospital's center wing and add an additional three-story wing that will connect the south and center wings. The expansion is expected to be completed in December.
Other Articles You May Be Interested In
New Businesses Coming to Land O Lakes - Info on new business complexes opening in Land O Lakes, FL, including Camp Indianhead Crossings & Lake Thomas Crossings.
Are you thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay? It's also important that when you're shopping for homes for sale in Tampa, FL that you have an experienced agent working for you. An experienced buyer's agent usually doesn't cost the buyer but can save them lots of time, money and headaches. If you're ready to purchase your new home in Tampa, Lutz, Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Temple Terrace or surrounding areas, contact me so we can discuss your home search?